It’s not just about traveling in your own city, province, or country (although we think that’s really important, too). Here are our rules for traveling like a local traveler – whether your adventure takes you around the corner or around the world:
- If you can drive, don’t fly. If you can take the bus, don’t drive. If you can cycle or walk, don’t take the bus.
- Stick to the back roads whenever possible.
- If something isn’t in your plan but it looks interesting, adapt your plan.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Support local vendors, restaurants and shops.
- Leave things the way you found them.
- Share your experience with others.
- Have a lot of fun.