Start the new year off right with these healthy bowl-based recipes from my favourite Canadian bloggers. From smoothie bowls to buddha bowls, let your next meals be inspired by these amazing dishes!
One of the things I struggle with most is getting enough fruits and veggies in my diet. It’s so easy to reach for that peanut butter sandwich when you get home from work, or make that batch of cookies your friend recommended and have them disappear before you know what happened!
Eating vegetables can seem like a chore, that thing that you eat so you can tick off that box and say you got your Five a Day. But it doesn’t have to be! These recipes are fun, colourful (very important), and so easy! They’ll make achieving those New Year’s Resolutions more delicious than ever.
*NIGHTSHADE FREE NOTE: Some of these recipes do contain nightshades, as you can probably guess from the photos! However I have included notes on what to remove to make them nightshade free, and they are still complete and delicious without them. Proceed with caution!*
5) Roasted Garlic Buddha Bowl – A Virtual Vegan
6) Nourishing Bowl: Moroccan Sweet Potato and Coconut-Lemon Roasted Chickpea Salad – EyeCandy Popper (NSF: leave out peppers)
7) Healthy Buddha Bowl with Savoury Miso Sauce – Healthy Life Redesign (NSF: leave out peppers)
8) Five-Spice Baked Tofu with Seared Bok Choy – Diversivore (Chinese all-spice okay!)
9) Soba Noodle Maple Tofu Salad Bowl – Sugar Loves Spices (NSF: leave out sriracha sauce in dressing)
10) Soba Edamame Salad with Tahini Dressing – Making Healthy Choices (NSF: leave out peppers)
11) Sweet Potato and Broccoli Bowl with a Miso-Sesame Sauce – The Taste Space
12) Plant Powered Avocado Kale Salad – Soul Nutrition
13) Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats with Candied Maple Pecans – Justine Celina
14) Sweet Potato Quinoa Chickpea Salad – The Food Blog (NSF: leave out peppers)
15) Orange Maple Salmon Rice Bowl – Kitchen Uncorked (NSF: leave out peppers)
16) Turmeric-Paprika Chicken & Friends Bowl – The Foodolic (NSF: leave out paprika & peppers – make with suggested Thyme Chicken instead)
17) Coconut Rice Fall Veggie Bowls – Sugar Loves Spices (NSF: leave out peppers – Chinese all-spice okay)
18) Mango Curry Chickpea Bowl with Sweet Avocado Dressing – Soul Nutrition (NSF: leave out chili powder)
19) Autumn Vegetable Bowl with Hemp Heart Dressing – Phruitful Dish
20) Roasted Cauliflower and Mustard Hummus Rice Bowl with Garlicky Spinach – The Taste Space
21) Fall Harvest Salad Bowl – I Say Nomato