So, what’s The MBA Tour Halifax all about? And why should I go?
There are so many different programs and universities to choose from, which makes choosing the right business school a daunting task. The MBA Tour is an established event that connects potential MBA candidates with the best business schools around the world. Very possibly the school of your dreams.
Is it just for MBA candidates?
Well, yes. But why couldn’t that be you? If you’ve ever considered studying for your MBA, this event will put you on the right path. If you’re serious about a business career, here’s exactly where you should start.
What happens at The MBA Tour?
Workshops, meetups, networking, and interactive presentations. It’s an incredibly jampacked few hours that might just change the direction of your future career.
So when is this all happening, and how do I find out more?
The Halifax event is scheduled for Thursday, September 15th, at the Four Points Sheraton on Hollis. It runs from 430-9pm. You’ll need to register ahead of time, but you can do that for free here. And there’s plenty of additional info on The MBA Tour website.
What can I expect if I attend? Give me some specifics.
1. You’ll connect with leading business schools. At this event, you’ll have the opportunity to network with admissions decision makers from leading business schools around the world, including McMaster University, Ivey Business School, Queen’s University, University of New Brunswick, and more.
2. Get matched to the school that’s your best fit. The MBA Tour’s super-smart algorithm will match you with schools that best meet your ambitions for Meetups. These are intimate, 25-minute face-to-face sessions with a maximum of six other candidates. During these small group discussions, you’ll have the chance to quiz school representatives directly to get a better feel for the program and assess if it’s right for you.
3. Hear directly from schools about the unique value of their MBA programs. During schools’ MBA Talks, you can assess the unique features and program options available at different schools. MBA Talks happen in several different formats, including interactive fireside chats, panels, mock classes, and presentations hosted by university admissions reps, alumni, faculty, and current students. Not only will you get a holistic overview of the school’s offerings, but you’ll also hear more about their take on topics like entrepreneurship, leadership, technology, careers, and more.
4. Improve your application with the Resume Review Clinic Workshops. These are one-on-one sessions for you to hear firsthand how to improve your application and stand out in the pool of other qualified applicants. You’ll also have the chance to schedule 10-minute one-on-one sessions with an admission expert.
5. Get exclusive GMAT tips from the exam creators. The event will feature a presentation led by a representative of the Graduate Management Admission Council, the makers of the GMAT exam. Earning your best score on the GMAT exam can help you stand out in this year’s competitive pool, as well as make you eligible for MBA scholarships. During these presentations, attendees will receive an overview of how to best prepare for the GMAT exam and will be able to get all their questions answered. Bonus: all event attendees will be eligible to win a US$250 GMAT exam voucher!
6. Open networking. Compare notes with other prospective applicants, or have unstructured interactions with current students, alumni, and admissions professionals. The Networking Mixer is your opportunity to socialize with food and beverages in a relaxed setting with business schools and like-minded people.
7. Gain advice and learn from the experts! You’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with test prep organizations, admissions consultants, young professional networks, financial institutions, and others to help you better navigate your business school journey.
Are you convinced yet?
The MBA Tour takes place Thursday, September 15th, from 4:30-9pm, at the Four Points Sheraton, 1496 Hollis Street in downtown Halifax. Head to their website for all the details, and reserve tickets here.