Doors Open Halifax is almost upon us. here are 5 buildings I’m going to see, because I missed them last year.
1. Women’s Council House, 989 Young Avenue
Built as a residence for George Wright, Who died on the Titanic, he willed it to the Womans Council.
See our post for more
2. Cambridge Military Library, Royal Artillery Park, 1575 Queen
I didn’t even know this was there. Definitely a Must See.
3. Government House, 1451 Barrington St.
Missed it last year due to the long line, and my lack of time. Will be good to update our earlier post on it
4. The Town Clock, 5425 Sackville Street
Yep, Apparently we can go inside the clock. Awesome.
5. Halifax Fire Station #2, 5988 University Ave.
The oldest operating fire station in Canada. Built in 1908.