Owned By Gerorge Wright, Wright’s Building or the Marble building as its now known was built in 1896. It was Designed By J.C Dumaresq, It was Built in the Chicago Style, to compliment the Nova Scotia Furnishings building next door.The facade consits ofB Red and Grey brick, with Terracotta accents. Window pairs are seperated by Red Marble Columns, Which are responsible for the builting taking the “Marble building” name.
(Above) Wright’s Building 1896 show use of Red and grey brick with terracotta. The Owners name emblazoned on top. (below) Detail between stories.
For 4 years this Building Housed a Marconi Wireless station. The latest and most modern buildings attract the latest and modern clients..