it is believed that the design selection was heavily influenced by Prince Edward, the Duke of Kent, Who favored Round Palladian Architectural styles. The roundness was based on the principles that the circle was the most perfect shape; and that by building a round church the devil could not hide in a corner.
The Square entry was added in 1911. The church was heavily damaged by fire in 1994, however it was rebuilt. A portion of the damaged round, can be seen behind the main stairs to the left of the entryway.
(Above)Looking forward to the Alter from the balcony (Below) Looking up at the dome.
(below) the main aisle of the church. Congregation members would lease pew boxes for service, which is why they are divided and separate.